Welcome to Pile It On, where we "pile on" the challenges!
To view our current challenge, please click here.
Our Challenge begins the 1st Sunday of the month at 7AM CST (U.S.), and closes on the last Saturday of the month at 11:55PM CST, with a bonus theme on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

We announce WINNERS on the Sunday after the new challenge is posted (2nd Sunday of the month.) Winners must contact Pile It On within a month. All prizes are offered generously by the sponsor and once your contact information is received by the sponsor, Pile It On is not responsible for the receipt of the prize. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Friday, October 2, 2009

World Cardmaking Day!!!



Well, it's that time of year! Today, October 3rd, 2009 is World Cardmaking Day! The PIO design team wanted to give you all a little inspiration to help you celebrate on this wonderful holiday! Here are some of our favorite cards that we have made and some of the ways that we get inspired for a card. Enjoy and happy crafting!


Heidi - Haphazardly Crafty

Heidi says: I am always inspired by the season. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, so I always get so excited when the leaves finally begin to turn. With this card, I took a leaf patterned piece of American Craft paper and covered it in glitter to give it a completely different look. I really love the way it turned out.


Amy - And She Loved Flowers...



Amy says: I find tons of inspiration from the designs of other bloggers out there. I just love seeing all of the fun and new things that everyone is trying out. When I sit down to start a card, I usually can think of a recent project or technique that someone has used that I want to try out on my card and I go for it! On this card, I had recently been seeing others use background stamps for parts of the layout that were not the entire background. I used my polka dot background stamp to create a single strip, allowing it to pop off the card a bit more. I love how easy it was to add an accent to my card that way!


Deanna - Dee's Paper Tree



Dee Says... I love a great challenge... a sketch, a color combo or a dare, it justs gets my creative juices flowing! I still seem to stay true to the clean and simple style most often though! I started this card with a sketch and fantastic product! You should always have lots of that around! :)

Dalis - Stamprgrl

Dalis Says... Make it sparkle!!!! this is my all time favorite card I have created. I added sparkles in all the petals and on the geese couple.

Maureen - My C.A.S.E. Studies

WindsweptFhiona1a
Maureen says... I love a great sketch and patterned paper! Sketches are my favorite type of challenge because half the work is already done for you! And I love patterned paper because it helps set the colors and mood of a card!

Happy WCMD!



2 comments:

suzARTe said...

Happy WCMD Pile it on. The DT cards are absolutely amazing. I am having lots of fun celebrating WCMD
Imagine.Create.Express

Deanna said...

These favs are gorgeous guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...