Welcome to Pile It On, where we "pile on" the challenges!
To view our current challenge please click here

Photobucket
Our Weekly Challenge begins on Sunday at 7AM CST (U.S.), and closes on Saturday at 11:55PM CST.

We announce WINNERS on Wednesdays. If winners do not contact us in 1 month time frame the prize will be voided. All prizes are offered generously by the sponsor and once your contact information is received by the sponsor Pile It On is not responsible for the receipt of the prize. Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
Photobucket

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Challenge #8 - Watercolor

It's Sunday people!! That means a new challenge from PILE IT ON!! This week's challenge is to use WATERCOLORING on your project (and of course, at least one other current challenge from anywhere else in blog-land!!). Now I want it to be known that I am NOT a stamper! However, I also didn't set the challenge this week - my partner in crime Dalis did!

Also, it's the last Sunday of the month and our sponsor this week is STAMPS & SMILES! She has such cute stamps (like the cupcake on my tag) so you might want to check out the Stamps & Smiles store!

Photobucket


Here is this week's sketch:




Here's my take on the challenge:
Vickilyn - Paper Hugs & Die Cut Dreams



Challenges:


Heidi - Haphazardly Crafty


Challenges for Heidi:

Amy - And She Loved Flowers



Challenges for Amy:

  • Pile It On! -- Watercolors
  • Stamps and Smiles -- Sketch
  • Color Throwdown -- Celery Green, Plum and Chocolate
  • Three Covers -- Bling (Rhinestones)
  • 365 Cards -- Wednesday's "You Raise Me Up" - Dimension


  • Denise - Stamping with Denise


    Challenges for Denise:

    Ann - Raindrop Echo Designs

    Challenges for Ann:


    Maureen - My C.A.S.E. Studies

    Challenges for Maureen:

    Timi - My Journey to the World of Scrapbooking



    Challenges for Timi:

    Pile it on - Watercolors
    Coordinates Collection July Scrap Challenges - Week 3 Let it Shine
    A Peek into Yesterday PDT Challenges - Week 3 to use floral patterned paper
    Dreamgirls Challenge blog - Challenge 32 Measure it Up
    Dotty Divas - Challenge #1


    Jennifer-Random Vintage Finds


    Challenges for Jennifer:

    Dee's Card

    Baby

    Dee's Challenges...


    Photobucket

    And now - for this week's top three scoops!!
    Ladies - be sure to grab the blinkie from the sidebar!!

    Beverly for this card:

    Katie for this card:

    Monika for this card:


    Thanks for stopping by!! We can't wait to see your creations!!



    26 comments:

    Laura Evangeline said...

    Awesome blog! I love it!

    Helen said...

    Great challenge - gorgeous DT cards!
    Helen x

    Sylvia said...

    ohhh... great challenge! And wonderful cards from the Design Team - great work, ladies :)

    I always use watercolor markers (Tombows) with an aqua brush to color my stamped images .. so I will definitely take part this week (but a little bit later this week, I think ;) )

    have a great weekend everyone
    {hugs} Sylvia

    Timi O. Mercado said...

    Congrats to those who made it to the top 3 scoops! Great takes, fellow DT's!

    Timi

    sugar n spice said...

    Hi Guys, lovely DT cards as usual. Another great challenge.
    Suzi xx

    Linda said...

    Love the winning cards and as I look around I am really enjoying this blog; congrats ladies and I may try to join in soon!

    sugar n spice said...

    Having another try, hope it's okay.
    Suzi xx

    Jennifer Meyer said...

    LOVE the fun samples each week, thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    Dragonlady said...

    Hi Everyone

    I have completed Mr Linky and hopefully you can se my card.
    Just in case my card is here. The above didn't work to get the link so here is my blog
    http://craftydragons.blogspot.com/

    Sorry obviously thick!!

    Ali x

    Christi said...

    YEAH!! I just discovered the pile it on challenge blog this weekend! I had alot of fun with it! http://christibryant.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-first-pile-it-on-card.html

    Beverly Gotthardt said...

    Thanks for my 3 Scoops award, very honored to be among such talent selected. Look forward to playing again.

    Carolyn said...

    I think I posted to Mr. Linky twice for the same card. Please delete one of them if it shows up twice. Thank you. here's mine

    Polly Pierce said...

    oh lovely work DT
    enjoyed this challenge - made me get out the watercolours from hibernation!!

    Brainybairn said...

    There's some problem with blogger so I can't seem to post tonight. But my LO is up on the gallery here

    ineke said...

    i am very addicted to this challenge !!!
    this week i combined 4... but my record is 6 !!!

    Carol said...

    Hi everyone. This was my first time participating in this challenge. I had a blast combining 4 challenges. I posted my card in Mr. Linky and here. I am going to take a look at everyone's fabulous cards.
    Snowman Lights
    CarolH
    Gingerbeary8

    Beverly Gotthardt said...

    I only managed 5 challenges on this one--The chair and pillow are water colored.
    Thanks for you great site, and thanks again for the win, Love It!

    Beverly Gotthardt said...

    It's me again--Mr.Linky wouldn't let me link back to my card, so--
    Here's my card
    Thanks

    My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

    Watercolor is my latest favorite medium! Thanks for a fun challenge...I combined 5 challenges for
    This card

    Prettier Stuff aka Melissa said...

    I am having so much fun with this Blog. I can't believe how much time I spend looking for challenge that I can combine. I have done 3 cards now and I am becoming addicted. Oh I tried to change the mistake on mr Linky and ended up just adding another link. I can't get that off now. I'm just leaving it alone.

    Chris said...

    I love to watercolor the SU Bloomin Beautiful set. My other challenges are the Color Throwdown #53 and the Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge for 7/25/09
    I think I gave my blog URL instead of the direct link to the card which is
    http://easilyamused-chrisv.blogspot.com/2009/07/bloom.html
    I don't know if I can change it once it's posted, I am sorry, I was over anxious to put it up.

    Dorothy said...

    I used Mr Linky.
    Great examples. I did the watercoloring, and combined with a DTGD challenge as SCS, the Pink Elephant sketch and colors/music at Jazzy Inspirations.
    Thanks for the challenge.
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1431183?&cat=500&ppuser=2873

    Lovely Linda said...

    Hello ladies - this is my first time on this challenge and I am enjoying it! I have combined chalking and watercolouring on my card....

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1431450?nocache=1

    and will also put your logo on my Blog!! Thanks for having me!! God bless you!

    My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

    I played again! I love watercolors!TEXT TO CLICK ON

    Jennifer Meyer said...

    Thanks for the fun challenge this week, your samples are beautiful!

    Here is my card:
    Watercolor

    dayana said...

    I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Susan

    http://sketchingdrawing.com

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...